The spiciness of this ziti makes it “angry.” If you like it hotter increase the cayenne and red pepper flakes.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 onion, sliced thin
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup chopped plum tomatoes
- 2 cans (14 oz.) crushed tomatoes, undrained
- ¼ cup white wine
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. cayenne pepper
- ¼ tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 package (16 oz.) ziti pasta
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Meanwhile, in large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onions, red pepper flakes, and garlic and sauté until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Add all of the tomatoes, white wine, tomato paste, salt, and cayenne pepper. Sauté until blended, stirring frequently, about 5 minutes.
- Cook pasta until al dente according to package directions; drain the pasta and add to skillet. Cook, stirring and tossing, for 1 minute, then sprinkle with cheese and serve.