Anisette Cookies with Icing
Have fun with the color and decoration of these playful and delightful Italian cookies.
Makes: 36Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 14 Tbsp. unsalted butter, divided
- 1 1⁄3 cup whole milk, divided
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. anisette liqueur
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 2 cups confectioners sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 drops red food coloring
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Sift together the flour and baking powder. Beat the egg, then add the 6 tablespoons butter, 1⁄3 cup milk, sugar, and anisette. Mix together the dry and wet ingredients to form a dough.
- Spoon dough by the tablespoonful onto an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Let cool slightly.
- In a medium bowl, whip remaining 8 tablespoons butter, 1 cup milk, confectioners' sugar, vanilla, and food coloring. Drizzle frosting over cookies.