This version of almond jelly varies in texture, depending on the thickener used.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 5 minutesTotal: 1 hour 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 cups almond milk, divided
- 1⁄3 cup crushed Chinese rock sugar
- 2 tsp. pectin
- 1⁄2 tsp. almond extract
- Put 1 cup of almond milk in a medium saucepan, and stir the sugar into it until dissolved.
- Sprinkle the pectin over the surface of the almond milk and stir. Bring the mixture to a slow boil over medium heat and cook, stirring constantly, until the pectin is completely dissolved.
- Add the remaining 2 cups of almond milk, stir well, and pour into 6 lightly oiled molds or a single large mold about 4 cups in size. Cover and refrigerate until set, about 1 hour.