Antipasto Panzanella Salad
Two classic Italian salads are combined in this delicious Antipasto Panzanella Salad.
Serves: 8Prep: 30 minutesTotal: 30 minutes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (15 oz.) Kroger® Bakery Italian Loaf, cut into 1” cubes – day old is best, but you can use fresh
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 4 Roma tomatoes, cut into 1” chunks
- 1 large cucumber, peeled, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 1⁄2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 20 large large Simple Truth Organic™ Basil Leaves, coarsely chopped
- 3 ounces hard salami, chopped
- 3 ounces Kroger® Sliced Pepperoni
- 1⁄2 cup Private Selection™ Four Leaf Balsamic Vinaigrette & Marinade
- 8 ounces Ciliegine (cherry size) fresh mozzarella
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 8 Kroger® Pepperoncini
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Add the cubed bread and salt. Toast the bread cubes over medium heat, tossing and stirring often until they're toasted and nicely browned, about 10 minutes.
- Allow the bread cubes to cool slightly and transfer to a large bowl.
- Add the tomatoes, cucumber, red onion and basil leaves to the bowl with the bread cubes. Toss to combine.
- Add the salami, pepperoni and vinaigrette. Toss well to make sure the dressing is evenly incorporated.
- Transfer the salad to a serving dish or a large salad bowl and garnish with the mozzarella, capers and pepperoncini. Serve immediately. Enjoy!