Appetizer Meatballs with Sweet-and-Sour Sauce
After baking the meatballs, you can freeze them, sauce and all! Place meatballs and sauce in a gallon-size zip-top plastic bag and freeze. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator, then simmer in a large skillet over medium heat for 10 to 15 minutes.
Serves: 10Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 55 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 can (10 oz.) condensed tomato soup
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 can (8 oz.) pineapple tidbits, undrained
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In medium bowl, combine ground beef, egg, cheese, and breadcrumbs and mix well to blend. Form into 1-inch meatballs and place on baking sheet. Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes or until no longer pink in center.
- In a large saucepan, combine vinegar, soup, sugar, and pineapple tidbits and juice. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, add cooked meatballs, cover, and simmer for 10 minutes or sauce is slightly thickened.