Apple & Almond Butter Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
An egg-free breakfast option that is easy to make ahead and reheat on busy mornings.
Serves: 4Prep: 10 minutesCook: 45 minutesTotal: 55 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons Simple Truth Organic™ Virgin Coconut Oil
- 3 apples, cored and cubed
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 tablespoons almond butter
- Chia seeds
- Heat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Poke sweet potatoes several times with a fork and place on baking sheet.
- Bake 45-60 minutes or until potatoes are tender when tested with a paring knife.
- Meanwhile, melt coconut oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add apples, cinnamon and salt. Cook 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until apples are tender. Stir in vanilla.
- To serve, slice open sweet potatoes and fluff with fork. Fill with apple mixture, drizzle with melted almond butter and sprinkle with hemp or chia seeds, if desired. Refrigerate leftovers.
- Tip: Roasted sweet potatoes and cooked apples can be reheated quickly the in microwave.