Apple Bread Pudding
Bread pudding is such a comforting dessert! For this recipe, the bread should be at least one day old so it’s fairly firm.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hourDifficulty: Easy
- 4 cups crumbled cinnamon-raisin swirl bread, at least one day old
- 2 apples, peeled and grated
- ½ cup raisins
- ½ cup chopped dried apricots
- 1½ cups milk
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp. honey
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ½ tsp. nutmeg
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a baking dish with nonstick baking spray containing flour.
- Combine bread crumbs, apples, raisins, and apricots in the prepared pan and spread in even layer.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a medium bowl and mix until well blended. Be sure the bread is saturated; push it down into the liquid mixture if necessary. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Bake the pudding until top is golden brown, about 35 minutes. Serve warm with warmed honey or maple syrup.