Apple Butternut Soup
Apples draw out the natural sweetness of butternut squash, delivering a smooth, irresistibly delicious fat-free soup.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 6 cups diced butternut squash
- 2 cups diced apple
- 6 cups water
- 2 cups unsweetened apple juice
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 tsp. ground allspice
- Placed diced squash and apple into a stockpot, add the water and juice, and bring to a boil over high heat. Once boiling, reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and purée using a blender or food processor.
- Return soup to the pot, add spices, and stir to combine. Serve warm.