Apple Cherry Granola Crisp
The use of both crisp and baking apples lends a pleasing combination of textures.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 3 hours 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 large crisp apples, such as Granny Smith, Golden Delicious, or Cortland
- 2 large baking apples, such as Gala, McIntosh, or Pink Lady
- 1 bag (8 oz.) frozen, pitted sweet cherries, thawed
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. ground cardamom
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 2 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 cup granola with almonds
- ¼ cup firmly-packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, cubed
- Spray the inside of a 4-quart slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Peel, core, and chop the apples into ½" cubes. Place in a large bowl and toss with the cherries and lemon juice.
- In a small bowl mix together the cinnamon, cardamom, granulated sugar, and cornstarch. Add to the apple mixture; stir to combine. Transfer apple/spice mixture to prepared slow cooker.
- In a medium bowl combine the granola with the brown sugar. Sprinkle evenly over the apple mixture. Arrange butter cubes on top. Cover and cook on high for 2½–3 hours.