Apple Cinnamon Breakfast Bake
This stacked breakfast bread pudding is a comforting way to start the day. Serve this with some warm maple syrup, or a little sweetened whipped cream for a special touch.
Serves: 10Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 9 hours 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 loaf (1 lb.) French bread, cut into ¼" thick slices
- 3 cups whole milk
- 3 large eggs
- ½ cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. allspice
- 2 large Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, and chopped
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- Spray a 9" x 13" baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Stack the bread slices in two rows in the prepared pan. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine the milk, eggs, brown sugar, cinnamon, and allspice. Whisk until well combined then pour over the bread slices. Cover with foil and refrigerate overnight.
- In a small bowl combine the chopped apple with the sugar. Toss to coat, cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Remove the bread pudding from the refrigerator and top with the apple mixture. Bake for 45 minutes or until the bread pudding is puffed all over and golden brown. Cool for 15 minutes before serving.