Sweet apples spiced with cinnamon swirl throughout these light, fluffy pancakes. A clean carbohydrate option thatʼs packed with delicious nutrition, these pancakes can be enjoyed fresh at home, on the go, or reheated later for a scrumptious snack!
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 small apple, peeled, cored, and diced
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 Tbsp. Sucanat
- 3⁄4 cup vanilla almond milk
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- Spray a large skillet with nonstick cooking spray and heat over medium heat. Sauté the chopped apples until slightly softened, about 2 minutes. Sprinkle with cinnamon and cook 1 minute more.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the whole-wheat flour, apple-cinnamon mixture, applesauce, Sucanat, almond milk, and baking powder, and mix well.
- In skillet (sprayed again with cooking spray to prevent sticking), pour 1⁄4 cup of batter to form each pancake. Cook for 4 minutes or until bubbles appear on surface; flip and continue cooking for 2 to 3 minutes until pancakes are firm.