Apple Cinnamon Waffles
The aroma of these wonderful cinnamon-scented waffles will summon everyone to the breakfast table. Use whatever apples you have on hand. Golden Delicious work well, but you could use Fuji or Granny Smith.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 3 large eggs, separated
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole milk
- 4 Tbsp. melted butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped apple
- Preheat a waffle iron.
- Sift flour before measuring. Sift again into a large mixing bowl with baking powder, cinnamon, sugar, and salt; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, beat egg yolks; stir in milk and melted butter. Pour into dry ingredients and whisk until smooth and well blended. Stir in chopped apple.
- In another medium bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Gently fold whites into apple batter until blended.
- Spoon batter into each section of the hot waffle iron. Cook until crispy and browned.