Adding sweet and tart apples to a classic coleslaw is a delicious new twist. Serve it with some grilled salmon for a fabulous meal.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 4 hours 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 2 Tbsp. mustard
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh tarragon leaves
- 2 large Granny Smith apples, cored, peeled, and grated
- 3 cups shredded red cabbage
- 3 cups shredded green cabbage
- 1 medium green bell pepper, cored, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 tsp. paprika
- In large bowl, combine yogurt, mayonnaise, buttermilk, mustard, lemon juice, and tarragon leaves; mix well to blend. Add grated apples, red cabbage, green cabbage, and green bell pepper and mix well.
- Cover and chill in refrigerator for 4 hours. Sprinkle with paprika before serving.