This is excellent with duckling, chicken, and, of course, turkey. It’s easy to make, and can be frozen.
Serves: 16Hands-on: 5 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ½ cup finely chopped shallots
- 2 Tbsp. canola oil
- 2 cups cranberries, fresh or frozen, washed and picked over if fresh
- 2 tart medium apples, peeled, cored, and chopped
- ½ unpacked cup brown sugar, or to taste
- ¼ cup cider vinegar
- 2 oz. water
- 1 tsp. orange zest
- ½ tsp. ground coriander seed
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- ½ tsp. salt
- In a large, heavy saucepan, cook the shallots in oil until softened.
- Mix remaining ingredients in with the shallots. Cook, stirring, until berries have popped and the sauce has become very thick, about 10–15 minutes.
- Cool and store in the refrigerator.