Apple and Cranberry Crumble
Serve this warm crumble for any occasion. Try switching the cranberries with dried cherries or dried blueberries.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 1 hour 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup plus 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 1⁄4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cold butter, cut in pieces
- 6 cups Granny Smith or Red Delicious apples, peeled, cored, and sliced
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine flour, 1⁄4 cup of the sugar, brown sugar, and margarine in a small bowl. Mix with a fork, until crumbly. Add the cranberries.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine apples, remaining sugar, orange juice, vanilla, cornstarch, and cinnamon. Mix well.
- In a square baking dish, spray nonstick cooking spray. Pour the fruit mixture into the baking dish, and top with cranberry topping.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes. Cool for at least 10 minutes before serving.