Apple-Cranberry Nut Bread
This fragrant bread is a wonderful use for fall apples. Serve it for a quick breakfast.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 1 hour 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 large apples, peeled, cored, and shredded
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- ⅔ cup apple juice
- 1¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup whole-wheat flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup fresh chopped cranberries
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9" × 5" loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray containing flour, and set aside.
- In large bowl, combine apples and granulated sugar. Let stand for 15 minutes. Add brown sugar, oil, egg, vanilla, and apple juice and mix well.
- In medium bowl, combine flour, whole-wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, both types of cranberries, and walnuts and stir to mix. Add to apple mixture and stir until blended.
- Pour into prepared pan. Bake for 55–65 minutes or until bread is golden-brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from pan and place on wire rack. Cool before slicing.