Apple, Cranberry, and Walnut Chutney
This chutney is excellent with duckling, chicken, and, of course, turkey. It’s easy to make and will keep for 2 weeks in the refrigerator. Or make a lot and freeze it.
Serves: 16Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- ½ cup finely chopped shallots
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 2 medium tart apples, peeled, cored, and chopped
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup cider vinegar
- 2 oz. water
- 1 tsp. grated orange zest
- ½ tsp. ground coriander seed
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- ½ cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- Heat oil in a large heavy saucepan over medium-high heat. Sauté the shallots until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in cranberries, apples, brown sugar, vinegar, water, zest, coriander, salt, and pepper. Cook, stirring constantly, for 15 minutes, or until berries have popped and the sauce has become very thick.
- Stir in toasted walnut pieces. Serve warm or store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.