This is a yummy twist on a traditional apple streusel recipe. The delicious baked apples tossed in sweet sugar and cinnamon make every bite out of this world, but the topping makes it even better! The crunchy granola is the perfect finishing touch to the smooth apples.
Serves: 2Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hourDifficulty: Easy
- 4 cups sliced Granny Smith apples
- ¼ cup Sucanat
- 1 Tbsp. cinnamon
- ½ cup crushed almonds
- ½ cup gluten-free granola
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil
- Prepare a 9" x 13" baking dish with olive oil spray, and preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the apple slices, Sucanat, and cinnamon, and toss to coat. Pour the apples evenly into the prepared baking dish. Combine the almonds, granola, and coconut oil together in a mixing bowl, and combine well. Crumble over top of the apples.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until topping is golden brown.