Apple Delight Brunch Cake
Baked apples are one of the homiest smells in the world. Fill your house— and your stomach—with some of the sweetest comfort food around.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 1 hour 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 box (18.25 oz.) yellow cake mix
- 3 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 5 medium apples, peeled, cored, and sliced
- 3 Tbsp. sugar
- 4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Butter and flour a 10-inch tube pan. Set aside.
- Mix cake mix, eggs, butter, and water in a large bowl. Beat with an electric mixer for 2 full minutes. Turn 2⁄3 of the batter into the tube pan.
- In a separate bowl combine apples, sugar, and cinnamon. Layer apple mixture on top of batter in pan. Pour remaining batter over apples.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Invert onto cooling rack without removing pan. After 30 minutes, lift pan off of cake. Cool completely.