Apple, Ginger, and Carrot Salad
For a sweet salad use red apples, but for something more tart, to help balance out the carrots and cranberries, use the green Granny Smith variety of apple.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 apples, cored and chopped
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 2 large carrots, julienned
- ¼ cup raisins
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- 2" piece of fresh ginger
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup golden balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp. plum vinegar
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- Place apples in a medium-size bowl; toss with lemon juice. Add the carrots, raisins, and sunflower seeds.
- On the fine setting, grate the 2" piece of fresh ginger and squeeze or press to extract the juice (you should get 1 teaspoon).
- In a bowl, whisk together the ginger juice, oil, balsamic vinegar, plum vinegar, salt and pepper; pour over the salad. Toss to mix. Serve chilled.