Apple Grilled Chicken
Serves: 6Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 8 hours 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 6 oz. frozen apple juice concentrate, thawed
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 3 Tbsp. packed brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 tsp. dry mustard
- 1⁄4 tsp. salt
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- In a small saucepan, combine the apple juice, ketchup, brown sugar, vinegar, dry mustard, and salt. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the sugar dissolves. Remove from heat and cool. Place the chicken in a single layer in a shallow baking pan. Pour half of the cooled mixture over the chicken, turning to coat evenly. Cover and refrigerate the chicken overnight. Place remaining mixture in a sealed container and refrigerate.
- Heat charcoal grill. Remove chicken from sauce and discard the sauce that was used as a marinade. Place chicken on grill and brush with fresh sauce. Grill, uncovered, for 8 to 10 minutes. Turn and brush with the remaining sauce mixture. Grill for another 8 to 10 minutes, or until the chicken is tender and cooked through.