Apple-Maple Oatmeal with Bacon & Cheddar
This yummy, hearty oatmeal recipe has everything – maple, cinnamon, sautéed apples, savory bacon, cheddar and a drizzle of maple syrup!
Serves: 4Prep: 10 minutesCook: 12 minutesTotal: 22 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 slices Hormel® Natural Choice® Bacon
- 1 medium apple, peeled, cored and chopped
- 5 tablespoons maple syrup, divided
- 3 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups quick oats
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook bacon in a skillet according to package directions. Remove pan from heat. Transfer bacon to a paper towel lined plate to cool and drain. Remove and reserve 1 tablespoon bacon fat from pan; discard the remainder.
- Return reserved bacon fat to pan and heat on medium-high. Add chopped apple; sauté 3 minutes or until tender and beginning to brown. Stir in 1 tablespoon maple syrup; remove pan from heat and keep warm.
- Combine water and salt in a large saucepan over high heat; bring to a boil. Stir in oats. Cook, stirring, 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- Stir apple mixture and cinnamon into oatmeal. Divide oatmeal among 4 bowls.
- Top each serving with 1 tablespoon cheese; 1 slice of reserved bacon (crumbled) and 1 teaspoon maple syrup. Refrigerate leftovers.