Apple Muffins with Cinnamon Brown Sugar Topping
These cinnamon brown sugar-topped apple muffins are a great way to start the day.
Serves: 18Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⅓ cup firmly-packed light brown sugar, divided
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 cup chopped apple
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line 18 standard muffin-pan cups with cupcake papers.
- Combine the ⅓ cup brown sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- Cream the butter using an electric mixer on a medium-high speed. Add the remaining 1 cup brown sugar, beating until fluffy. Adjust your mixer to a medium speed and add the eggs, beating until thoroughly blended. Adjust your mixer to a low speed. Add the flour mixture until lightly blended. Fold in the apple.
- Fill the muffin cups ⅔ full with muffin batter. Sprinkle cinnamon topping over each muffin and bake for 25 minutes, or until a cake tester inserted in center comes out clean. Serve hot out of the oven.