Apples and bananas come together in these delicious muffins that will tantalize your taste buds and get any great day off to a great start!
Serves: 12Hands-on: 35 minutesTotal: 55 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3⁄4 cup 100% whole wheat baking flour
- 3⁄4 cup bran flakes cereal, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup Sucanat
- 1⁄2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 2 medium apples, peeled and cored
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup mashed bananas
- 1⁄2 cup vanilla almond milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Slice apples and layer in a shallow baking dish. Add enough water to cover the bottom of the baking dish, and bake at 375°F for 20 minutes or until apples are fork-tender.
- Grease a 12-cup muffin pan or line with paper baking cups.
- Combine flour, cereal, Sucanat, baking soda, and cinnamon in a large mixing bowl. Add baked apples, applesauce, bananas, almond milk, eggs, and vanilla and mix well. Pour muffin mix evenly into each of the muffin cups.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a fork inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.