Apple Night Crawlers
Cored apples filled and baked until soft, then stuffed with a gummy worm half sticking out!
Serves: 6Prep: 15 minutesCook: 45 minutesTotal: 1 hourDifficulty: Easy
- 6 large apples
- 1 jar (4 oz.) boysenberry or other dark berry jam
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 gummy worms
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Core the apples from the stem end to ½” from the bottom; do not push all the way through.
- Stuff each hole with 1 teaspoon each of jam and butter; place all apples in a baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, for 35-40 minutes or until the apples are tender but not mushy.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 15 minutes.
- Serve each apple in a bowl and spoon any syrup from the baking dish around each apple.
- In the top of each apple, insert a gummy worm with at least half of its body protruding.