Apple Oat Waffles
Save to My Recipes
Top these apple-licious waffles with apple butter and sour cream for an autumn waffle treat.
Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 30 minutes
- 1¼ cups cake flour
- 2½ tsp. baking powder
- 1 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- ½ cup rolled oats (not quick cooking)
- 2 medium Fuji apples, peeled, cored, and grated
- 3 large eggs, separated
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1½ cups whole milk
- Preheat waffle iron according to manufacturer’s instructions. Triple-sift flour, baking powder, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt into a large bowl. Stir in oats and apples and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine the egg yolks, melted butter, and milk, and whisk together thoroughly. In another bowl, whip the egg whites until they are stiff.
- Pour the egg yolk mixture into the flour and stir together briefly. Lumps are okay. Add the stiffened egg whites to this mixture and fold together gently until they are just combined. Cook batter in a waffle iron. Serve immediately.