Apple-Orange Baked Chicken
Don’t serve the onions that are under the chicken; they are there to provide lots of flavor and cushion the chicken from the oven’s heat.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 medium onion, peeled and sliced
- 6 bone-in chicken thighs (6 oz. each)
- 1 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup applesauce
- 1⁄3 cup orange marmalade
- 1⁄2 cup frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. chopped rosemary
- 1 medium orange, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Line a roasting pan with onion slices and top with chicken. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, combine applesauce, marmalade, orange juice concentrate, oil, and rosemary and mix well. Pour over chicken. Top with orange slices.
- Cover pan with foil and bake for 20 minutes, basting once with the orange mixture. Uncover and bake for 10 minutes longer, basting once with orange mixture, until chicken is thoroughly cooked.