Apple Peach Pie
This recipe uses frozen peaches, so you can make it any time of year. If you have fresh ripe peaches, use 3 or 4 large ones instead.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hour 15 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 3 large Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, and sliced
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 3 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 package (10 oz.) frozen peach slices
- 2 Tbsp. butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 package (14.1 oz.) refrigerated pie crusts
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Toss apples with lemon juice in a large bowl. In medium bowl, combine sugar, cinnamon, and flour and mix well to blend. Add apple slices and toss to coat. Add frozen peaches and butter and mix gently to coat.
- Line a 9" pie pan with one pie crust. Press firmly against bottom and side. Pour apple-peach mixture into crust. Top with remaining crust. Tuck excess top crust under bottom crust and press the edges together. Flute edges and cut decorative holes in top for venting.
- Bake 15 minutes at 400°F, then lower heat to 350°F and bake for 45 minutes longer or until crust is deep golden brown and juices are bubbling in center of pie. Let cool before slicing.