Apple Pear-Nut Crisp
Leave the skins on the apples and pears for more fiber and nutrition. You can peel them, if you’d like.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hour 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 large apples, core and sliced
- 3 large pears, cored and sliced
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1 1⁄2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 3⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- 3⁄4 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9-inch deep dish pie plate with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Sprinkle apples and pears with lemon juice. Combine in a large bowl with granulated sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Spoon into prepared pie plate.
- In same bowl, combine oats, all-purpose flour, whole-wheat flour, brown sugar and mix well. Add melted butter, pecans, and walnuts and mix until crumbly. Sprinkle over fruit in dish.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until fruit bubbles and topping is browned and crisp. Let cool for 15 minutes before serving.