Apple Pear-Nut Crisp
Leave the skins on the apples and pears for more fiber and nutrition. You can peel them, if you’d like.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hour 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 large apples, core and sliced
- 3 large pears, cored and sliced
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ½ tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1½ cups quick-cooking oats
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup whole-wheat flour
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ⅓ cup butter, melted
- ¾ cup chopped pecans
- ¾ cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9" deep dish pie plate with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Sprinkle apples and pears with lemon juice. Combine in a large bowl with granulated sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Spoon into prepared pie plate.
- In same bowl, combine oats, all-purpose flour, whole-wheat flour, brown sugar and mix well. Add melted butter, pecans, and walnuts and mix until crumbly. Sprinkle over fruit in dish.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until fruit bubbles and topping is browned and crisp. Let cool for 15 minutes before serving.