Apple and Pear Spread
Spread this delicious combination of apples and pears on cake, over toast, or stir it into yogurt.
Serves: 48Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 22 hours 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 medium Winesap apples, cored and sliced
- 4 medium Bartlett pears, cored and sliced
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 tsp. ginger
- 1⁄4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1⁄4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1⁄4 tsp. allspice
- Place all ingredients in a 4- to 5-quart slow cooker. Cook on low for 10 hours.
- Uncover slow cooker, and cook on low for an additional 12 hours or until thickened. Mash with a potato masher.
- Let the spread cool then pour into clean glass jars. Refrigerate for up to 6 weeks.