Apple Pecan Crunch
This is a nutty version of an apple crisp. Serve it warm with ice cream or a vanilla sauce.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 55 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 5 large apples, peeled, cored, and sliced
- ½ cup pecan pieces or halves
- 3 Tbsp. water
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ cup butter, softened
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly butter an 8" square baking dish.
- Arrange apple slices in the baking dish; sprinkle with pecans. Add water.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, cinnamon, and salt. Cut in butter with a pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle crumb mixture over apples.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until apples are tender.