Apple Pie Bread
All the flavors of apple pie in a delicious quick bread! This Apple Pie Bread is loaded with fresh apples, swirled with cinnamon streusel, and topped with a sweet cinnamon drizzle. Perfect for breakfast, dessert, or an after-school snack, this bread is the ideal way to celebrate fall! Recipe courtesy of Lemon Tree Dwelling.
- 3 cups Simple Truth flour
- 1 cup Smidge & Spoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 2⁄3 cups Roundy's milk
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1 cup chopped, peeled apples (Gala and Granny Smith)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- 6 tablespoons Simple Truth flour
- 6 tablespoons Smidge & Spoon sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons Roundy's milk
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and baking soda. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine egg, milk and oil. Add egg mixture all at once to dry mixture. Stir just until moistened.
- Add chopped apples and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon.
- Spoon 1/2 of batter into a greased 9x5 inch loaf pan.
- In a small bowl combine streusel ingredients (6 tablespoons flour, 6 tablespoons sugar, 4 tablespoons butter and 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon); use a fork to blend until mixture resembles large crumbs.
- Sprinkle half of streusel over the first 1/2 of batter; add remaining batter and sprinkle remaining streusel over the top.
- Bake at 350° for 60-75 minutes, until bread is golden brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack; remove loaf from pan and cool completely.
- Combine drizzle ingredients (1/2 c. powdered sugar, 2 1/2 teaspoons milk and 1/8 teaspoons cinnamon) and spoon over cooled bread.