Apple Pie Cookies
Enjoy the natural simplicity of pure apples with warm spices to create a flavor near to apple pie. Fresh apples in these cookies make them soft and moist. Enjoy them the same day you make them so they taste fresh and crisp.
Makes: 24Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 medium apple, peeled, cored, and finely chopped
- 1 large egg
- 3⁄4 cup powdered honey
- 1⁄2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp. molasses
- 1 cup plus 1 Tbsp. spelt flour
- 1⁄2 tsp. baking soda
- 1⁄2 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, add apple, egg, and powdered honey and mix well. Add vanilla and molasses. Add the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg and mix until combined.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon amounts of dough balls onto baking sheets 2 inches apart. Bake for 10 minutes, until cookies are browned. Remove from baking sheet and cool on a wire rack. Store in an airtight container.