Apple Pie Muffins
Take your apple pie to go with these fluffy and filling muffins.
Serves: 24Prep: 20 minutesCook: 30 minutesTotal: 50 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄2 cup Simple Truth Organic™ Light Brown Sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄3 cup Simple Truth™ Organic Flour
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon Simple Truth Organic™ Ground Saigon Cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Simple Truth Organic™ Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 Granny Smith apples, peeled and diced
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- To make the topping: in a small bowl, toss together sugar, flour, butter and cinnamon until crumbly; set aside.
- To make muffins: in a large bowl, whisk together brown sugar, oil, egg and vanilla until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking soda and salt. Stir oil mixture into flour mixture alternately with buttermilk.
- Fold in apples, mixing just until combined. Spoon into greased muffin cups filling three-quarters full.
- Sprinkle topping over evenly. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown and tops spring back.