Save to My Recipes
This is a delicious two-crusted pie suitable for any occasion. A combination of Granny Smith and Golden Delicious apples provides a nice texture and sweet-tart flavor.
Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 1 hour 30 minutes
- 2 Pillsbury Refrigerated Pie Crusts
- 5 cups peeled, cored, apples, cut into ¼" slices
- 4 Tbsp. cornstarch
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp. cinnamon
- 4 Tbsp. butter, cut in pieces
- 2 Tbsp. sugar, for sprinkling on top crust
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line pie pan with one of the pie dough circles. Mix apples in a bowl with cornstarch, sugar, and cinnamon. Pile the apples into the dough-lined pie pan, and then dot them with the butter. Cover apples with the remaining pie dough circle. Crimp edges together to seal the crust. Cut 4 1-inch slits around the center of the pie to allow steam to escape during baking.
- Brush the crust with water and sprinkle with sugar. Bake for 1 hour.