Apple Pie Whole Wheat Pancakes
Enjoy the taste of dessert without all of the fat and calories that come with it. To get the flavor of apple pie a la mode, serve these pancakes with
Serves: 6Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- ¼ cup quick-cooking oatmeal
- 1 Tbsp. Splenda
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ⅛ cup egg white substitute
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1½ cups peeled and chopped Gala apples
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1 Tbsp. confectioners' sugar
- In a bowl, mix all dry ingredients together. In a separate bowl, mix all wet ingredients together. Gently fold dry ingredients into wet ingredients.
- Coat skillet or griddle with nonstick spray. Pour ⅓ cup batter per pancake onto skillet.
- Cook on medium-high heat until pancake develops bubbles on top. Flip the pancake and brown on the other side. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar.