Apple and Pork Sausage with Red Onion
The apple gives this sausage a slightly sweet taste, and the almonds lend a slightly crunchy texture.
Serves: 10Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 1 hour 10 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 2 1⁄2 lbs. ground pork
- 1 large Granny Smith apple, peeled, cored, and diced
- 1⁄4 cup chopped skinned almonds
- 2 Tbsp. ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 Tbsp. ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 Tbsp. ground cloves
- 1⁄4 tsp salt
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 10 sausage casings
- 1 small red onion, peeled and sliced into rings
- 1⁄2 cup mango chutney
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Mix together all the ingredients except the casings, onion, and chutney in a chilled bowl with chilled utensils. Stuff the mixture into casings and tie.
- Add onion and sausages on a baking sheet. Brush chutney over the tops of each. Bake 40 minutes, flipping after 20, until sausage is cooked through.