Apple-Raisin Noodle Kugel
As this delightful kugel bakes, happy memories of childhood meals with family and friends may come flooding back.
Serves: 4Prep: 35 minutesCook: 1 hour 30 minutesTotal: 2 hours 5 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1 pound dry wide egg noodles
- 3 medium apples, peeled, cored and chopped (3 cups)
- 3⁄4 cup raisins
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup Sour Cream, plus more for serving
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease 13”x9” baking dish with butter. Cook and drain noodles according to package directions. Stir in apples and raisins. Transfer noodle mixture to baking dish.
- In medium bowl, beat eggs with wire whisk until lightly beaten. Gradually whisk in sour cream, milk, honey, butter, vanilla and nutmeg.
- Pour egg mixture over noodles and fruit.
- In small bowl, stir together sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over noodles.
- Bake uncovered 50-60 minutes or until custard is set in center. Cool at least 30 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature with sour cream. Cover and refrigerate leftovers.