Apple Tuna Avocado Boats
Skip the sandwich! Serve homemade tuna salad in avocado halves for a creative and healthy lunch.
Serves: 2Prep: 15 minutesTotal: 15 minutes
- 1 can (5 oz.) Kroger Brand Solid White Albacore Tuna in Water, drained
- 1⁄4 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons pickles, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup red apple, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 medium ripe avocados, halved with pit removed
- Optional: 1 apple, sliced
- In medium bowl, combine tuna, celery, red onion, pickles, apple, mayonnaise, salt and pepper.
- On plate, place avocado halves; fill with equal amounts of tuna salad.
- Serve with apple slices, if desired.