Apple, Walnut, Cranberry, and Spinach Salad
The wonderful combination of fruit and nuts makes this salad perfect any time of year. The dressing can be used for any salad or as a marinade for chicken or vegetables.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 tsp. ground mustard
- 1 tsp. honey
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. chia seeds
- 1 bag (6 oz.) organic baby spinach
- 2 Tbsp. chopped walnuts
- 2 Tbsp. dried cranberries
- 1 medium Fuji apple, cored and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup feta cheese
- Whisk the oil, vinegar, garlic, mustard, honey, salt, pepper, and chia seeds together in a small bowl. You can also pour into a small, airtight container and shake vigorously.
- In a large bowl, combine the spinach, walnuts, cranberries, apple, and feta. Add the dressing and toss before serving.