Apple-Walnut Irish Oatmeal
This recipe will keep you going for hours! It has the perfect combination of slow-release starch and get ʼem going fruit. The nuts will stave off hunger, too.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 5 minutesTotal: 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 medium apples, cored and chopped, divided
- ½ cup water
- 3 Tbsp. honey
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 cups gluten-free Irish oats
- 1½ cups nonfat milk
- 1½ cups plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- In a medium saucepan, mix half the chopped apple with water, honey, and salt. Bring to a boil and then remove from heat.
- Mix oats and milk with low-fat yogurt in another medium saucepan. Cook according to package directions.
- Add fruit to oatmeal and cook for 2–3 minutes on medium heat. Serve hot, sprinkled with walnuts and remaining chopped apples.