You can make these dairy-free brownies a tad healthier by substituting whole wheat pastry flour for some of the all-purpose flour, which will make the texture even smoother!
Serves: 24Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 55 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 2 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1⁄2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 tsp. baking soda
- 1⁄8 tsp. salt
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup soft tofu
- 3⁄4 cup chocolate soy milk
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 9-by-13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine sugar, flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a blender, combine applesauce, tofu, soy milk, and vanilla. Process until well blended. Add tofu mixture to dry ingredients. Mix well. Scrape batter into prepared pan.
- Bake until top is dry, about 45 minutes. Leave in pan to cool. Cut into bars.