You can make these dairy-free brownies a tad healthier by substituting whole wheat pastry flour for some of the all-purpose flour, which will make the texture even smoother!
Serves: 24Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 55 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 2¼ cups sugar
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ cups unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1½ tsp. baking powder
- 1½ tsp. baking soda
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup soft tofu
- ¾ cup chocolate soy milk
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 9" × 13" baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine sugar, flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a blender, combine applesauce, tofu, soy milk, and vanilla. Process until well blended. Add tofu mixture to dry ingredients. Mix well. Scrape batter into prepared pan.
- Bake until top is dry, about 45 minutes. Leave in pan to cool. Cut into bars.