Save to My Recipes
Add your favorite nut or fruit to personalize this eye-opening recipe.
Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 45 minutes
- ⅔ cup whole wheat flour
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1½ tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. kosher salt
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups applesauce
- 4 oz. unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Coat muffin pan with pan spray. Line with paper muffin cups. In a large bowl stir together whole wheat flour, all-purpose flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl, mix well the brown sugar, eggs, applesauce, and butter. Add wet mixture to dry and stir together until just combined.
- Fill muffin cups to the rim with batter. Bake until risen and golden brown, about 20 minutes. A pick inserted into the middle muffin should come out clean. Cool muffin pan for 15 minutes before removing muffins.