Apricot Barbecue Glaze
Serve this glaze on pork or chicken, or use as a basting sauce for grilling.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 medium white onion, peeled and grated
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- ½ cup apricot jam, puréed in food processor or blender
- 1 cup canned apricot nectar
- 2 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp. cider vinegar
- ¼ tsp. ground allspice
- ¼ tsp. ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. red pepper flakes
- Sauté onion in oil for 5 minutes. Add remaining ingredients, and stir frequently until jam dissolves. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes. May be stored, sealed, in refrigerator for 2 weeks.