Apricot Ginger Sorbet
Made with real fruit and without dairy, this is a nearly fat-free treat that you can add to smoothies or just enjoy outside on a hot summer day.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 4 hours 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ⅔ cup water
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 2 tsp. fresh minced ginger
- 5 cups chopped apricots
- 3 Tbsp. lemon juice
- Bring the water, sugar, and ginger to a boil, then reduce to a slow simmer. Heat for 3–4 more minutes until sugar is dissolved and a syrup forms. Allow to cool.
- Purée the sugar syrup, apricots, and lemon juice until smooth.
- Transfer mixture to a large freezer-proof baking or casserole dish and freeze.
- Stir every 30 minutes until a smooth ice cream forms, about 4 hours. If mixture gets too firm, transfer to a blender, process until smooth, then return to freezer.