Apricot-Glazed Sweet Potatoes
Sweet potatoes are full of flavor. This sweet and savory side dish goes great with pork.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 55 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 lbs. red sweet potatoes
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 5 tsp. cornstarch
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. cinnamon
- 1 cup apricot nectar
- ½ cup hot water
- 2 tsp. grated orange peel
- 2 tsp. butter
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Peel and chop sweet potatoes. Cook in boiling water until sweet potatoes are tender but not mushy.
- Place drained sweet potatoes in a 12" × 9" × 2" baking pan. Set aside.
- Combine brown sugar, cornstarch, salt, and cinnamon in a medium saucepan. Stir in apricot nectar, water, and orange peel. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Cook another 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in butter. Pour over sweet potatoes. Bake uncovered until heated through, about 20 minutes.