Apricot Oat Cakes
These are like a bowl of oatmeal to go. They’re a great alternative to purchased energy bars. You get protein from the egg and yogurt and lots of fiber from the oatmeal and apricots.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ tsp. baking powder
- 1 egg white
- ⅓ cup plain low-fat yogurt
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup honey
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ cup chopped dried apricots
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Pulse the oats in a food processor 10 times, then add the flour and baking powder and pulse to mix.
- In a bowl, whisk the egg white until frothy, then add the yogurt, sugar, honey, and vanilla. Add the oat mixture and dried apricots to the yogurt mixture. Mix with a wooden spoon.
- Roll the mixture into 8 balls and flatten them into thick, cylindrical patties.
- Bake them on a parchment-lined baking sheet for 15 to 20 minutes. Let cool and refrigerate unless eating right away.