Apricot-Raisin Bread Pudding
This is a sweet, fruity twist on the classic bread pudding.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hour 25 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1⁄2 cup silken tofu
- 1 cup soy creamer
- 2 cups soy milk
- 1⁄4 cup vegan sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. almond extract
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1⁄8 tsp. nutmeg
- 1⁄8 tsp. salt
- 4 cups day-old bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3⁄4 cup raisins
- 1 cups dried apricots, cut in quarters
- 2 Tbsp. cold vegan margarine, cut into small pieces
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a blender, combine tofu and creamer. Blend until mixture is smooth. Add soy milk, sour cream, sugar, almond extract, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Blend until smooth. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together the bread cubes, raisins, and dried apricots. Pour tofu mixture over the bread and fruit, stirring to thoroughly combine. Pour into a lightly greased 9-by-13-inch baking dish in an even layer. Dot surface with margarine pieces and allow to stand for 10 minutes.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes, until pudding seems set and edges are lightly browned. Serve warm or cold.