This makes a great tart or cookie filling.
Makes: 7½ pintsHands-on: 45 minutesTotal: 1 hourDifficulty: Medium
Makes: 7½ pints
- 2 lbs. fresh apricots, peeled and pitted
- 1 pint red raspberries
- 6 cups granulated sugar
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 tsp. grated lemon peel
- 1 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 pouch (3 oz.) liquid pectin
- In a large stockpot combine apricots and raspberries. Crush with a potato masher. Stir in sugar, lemon juice, lemon peel, and butter. Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring constantly. Cook for 15 minutes until mixture starts to thicken, stirring constantly. Add pectin.
- Bring to a rolling boil and boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Ladle into sterilized jars, leaving ¼" headspace. Remove air bubbles with a plastic stirrer. Wipe rims. Cap and seal. Process in a water-bath canner for 15 minutes.