Aromatic Herb Pita Toasts
Looking for an appetizer that both looks and tastes gourmet? This recipe is for you!
Serves: 4Prep: 5 minutesCook: 15 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 6" pita pockets
- 2 tablespoons Simple Truth Organic™ Unfiltered Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Simple Truth Organic™ Rosemary, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Simple Truth Organic™ Thyme, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Separate each pita along outside edge, forming flat disks.
- In small bowl, combine oil, garlic, rosemary and thyme. Lightly brush rough side of disks with mixture. Cut each disk into 4 wedges.
- Arrange discs on baking sheet. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, rotating as needed to toast evenly. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and top with paprika while still hot.